Saturday, October 18, 2014

Vintage Kangaroo Pattern

I made a lovely Kangaroo from a vintage pattern that turned out so cute!  Abby over at whileshenaps shared a scanned copy of this very loved and old pattern book.  I'm part of her awesome design forum on facebook where other artists and soft toy designers get to share things and bounce ideas off of each other.  It's a great group of fellow soft toy designers!

The pattern is quite small, so I enlarged it to 125% using a photocopier.  I wanted to use some thrifted camel hair fabric that I found a couple months ago and knew it would be easier to turn things in side out with a larger scale pattern.

Being such plain fabric I still wanted to have a little "fun" so added heart buttons for the joints.  I like how everything turned out except the wonky unfinished-looking foot pads. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...