Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Better Than a Pom-Pom

Pom-poms are everywhere these days, on super crafty blogs, pinterest, covers of magazines and on DIY tutorials.  If you don't know how to make a pom-pom all you have to do is google "diy pom-pom" and a plethora of tutorials will come up, some using special tools others just using your hand or a piece of cardboard.  That's why I didn't make my own tutorial, because there are a billion others out there...but maybe that's not a good enough reason. 

One thing I have discovered that is better than a pom-pom, is a multicolored pom-pom!  Seriously, way better.  I bought a simple gray hat from a thrift store, and fancied it up by adding a colorful pom-pom.  I used 3 colors of merino wool and some novelty yarn and it brightened up this little hat!

January can be a dull month for putting fresh cut plants/flowers in your house as there is not much to choose from this time of year.  I found some branches on a walk to the park and put them in a vase with 3 pom poms, and it added some much needed greenery and color to my kitchen.






1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...