Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fun

I wanted to make something small, cute, to keep, not to sell.  In the back of my mind most of the time when I am sewing I think "how much could I sell this for?" or "this would sell great at a market."  With craft fair season upon me, and starting wee-knits with my friend(and now business partner;)), creating can sometimes become a chore.  So I thought I would try something totally new/out of my comfort zone just for FUN! 

Mabel Mouse is the result!

She is a scaled down 8" tall version of a mouse I made in January. Her body is made out of felt, and whip stitched together using no sewing machine!  I need portable projects to be able to move around the house chasing after an ever growing crawling baby.  So I'll be making more after tweaking the design a little.  I'm already dreaming of more colors and dress designs. 








Mabel is one of my favorite patterns I have made so far.  It feels like I'm getting better at making softies!?  Maybe it has been all the practice making dolls from other great designers, like my fav mmmcrafts! Her designs and colors are pure eye candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...